Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Long Cycles with Copper IUD?

(3 Posts)
user1479497126 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:49:21

So I had my IUD fitted as Emergency Contraception 😳 back on January 10th. On the 13th I had a bleed which lasted two weeks, which I'm assuming was my period even though I was still taking the pill for the rest of the month.
My next period was 24th February so it was a 42 day cycle and lasted about 5 days. Now it's April 6th (day 41) and still no sign of AF!
I was expecting it to come last Friday and nothing. I had some bloody discharge on Sunday night which made me think I was starting AF but have had nothing since.
I've also had random pink discharge throughout the month, which I put down to ovulation.
This month we've used the Pull Out method.
I'm a bit frustrated because I'm tired of taking tests as I got the IUD so I could stop worrying about pregnancy 😞

Ollivander84 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:57:10

Mine went wonky for a bit after my coil... Looking at my app I had a 7 day cycle, 32 days, 22 days etc
Now I have a regular 26 day cycle but would say it took 3-4 months to settle down

user1479497126 Thu 06-Apr-17 19:18:45

I wish I could just relax with it. If my calculator is correct, I SHOULD be on tomorrow - which I'm doubting as my AF symptoms (acne breakout) have already happened a week ago. My skin breakout is usually a sure sign I'm about to start AF, but it's starting to clear up now after a week.

On the plus side, I can still feel the strings. But I had this put in so I could no longer worry about being pregnant - and every month since, I've panicked as they've been such long cycles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now