Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast lump-clinic tomorrow

(4 Posts)
Star8181 Thu 06-Apr-17 14:20:07

Need a hand hold please! I found a lump a few weeks ago and went to the doctor who said it was normal breast tissue and to come back in two weeks if it was still there. Anyway, I decided to go back on Wednesday as my gut feeling was that it needed to be checked and I have some underarm pain too. The (different) doctor said I definitely need to be referred to the breast clinic.
Well this morning I had a message saying my appointment is tomorrow morning! I phoned the hospital to see if I could change it to Monday as I'm struggling for childcare tomorrow and they said that the clinic was full on Friday and that I had been added as an emergency case so I should attend! Talk about scaring me!! I'm feeling very nervous now and wondering why I've been seen so quick?! Please tell me I'll be fine - I've got 3 little ones at home sad

Hullabaloo31 Thu 06-Apr-17 14:23:12

All breast lumps are refererred as rapid access, some places just get you in quicker than others. 10 days is the max wait so they often fit people in with a day or so notice. Don't panic, it's just protocol.

highinthesky Thu 06-Apr-17 14:23:45

Don't be nervous, this is the NHS being responsive to an urgent referral.

Is there really no-one who can look after your LO's? Eg can your DH / partner take annual leave or wfh? Its better that you find childcare and attend tomorrow, rather than spending the next 4 days worrrying.

flowers

Star8181 Thu 06-Apr-17 14:35:04

Thanks both - yes I am going, my mother in law is coming to stay (she lives 50miles away) and look after my little monkeys. It's just the fact they've added me to an already full clinic that has scared me :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now