We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Toothache. Filling needs replacing no appointments until 9 days time

(4 Posts)
thegoodnameshadgone Wed 05-Apr-17 13:18:02

Just that really. Toothache the night before. Emergency appointment where advised I just need a bit of drilling and my filling replaced but they have no appointments until 13th April. It's killing me. I'm also concerned about taking painkillers for that amount of time. sad

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 05-Apr-17 13:26:11

Oh it's hell - you have my entire sympathies.

Painkillers: as long as you don't have medical reason why you cannot or should not use them, it is absolutely fine to take NSAIDs and paracetamol for that long. They are not addictive and will not harm you. Co-codamol alternated with ibuprofen would be a good combination, but the codeine is addictive.

Ask for Oil of Cloves in a health food shop. Dab it with a cotton bud on the tooth. Don't get it on your tongue! Repeat as often as needed. It's a very old remedy for toothache, and it works!

thegoodnameshadgone Wed 05-Apr-17 13:32:56

Thank you what are NSAIDS?

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 05-Apr-17 14:22:12

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. A class of medicines that include aspirin, ibuprofen and diclofenac.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now