Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How can I ensure my hair won't fall out again with stress this time??

(5 Posts)
Purplerainbow Wed 05-Apr-17 08:50:34

Last summer went through a very stressful time, lost weight and didn't eat properly and 6 weeks later my hair started to fall out. The hair has started growing back and isn't noticeable anymore. BUT I'm going through another very stressful time and Iv lost half a stone in 10 days. Last few days Iv barely eaten as I have constant churning in my stomach and food makes it worse. I'm taking vitamins etc (but I was last time) what are the most crucial foods I need to eat that will not contribute to my hair coming out again? Iv basically been having just a bit of fruit for breakfast, for lunch beans and a fried egg, last night I had half bowl of soup.... that's the most I can stomach? What do I need to ensure is in my diet at this horrible time does anyone know?

Thank you

Purplerainbow Wed 05-Apr-17 08:53:28

IS there. Particular supplement I can take that will provide my body with what I need from food?

zozozoo Wed 05-Apr-17 08:58:32

Entirely unscientific this but I have the same except I gain weight usually. I find remembering to take my iron helps. Lucky you that it's not noticeable any more! Mine is horrendous.

Purplerainbow Wed 05-Apr-17 09:01:23

We'll it's noticeable to me and if you knew.... I used regaine for women aswell as a hair supplement and used the shampoo and conditioner designed for hair loss, can't remember the name of it. Can get it in tk maxx and Amazon.

Purplerainbow Wed 05-Apr-17 09:02:01

Oh and I did take high iron for a while but made me feel sick and bad belly. Had it in liquid form.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now