Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Enlarged epidural scar

(4 Posts)
AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 05-Apr-17 07:02:38

I had an epidural when my DS was born, nearly 17 years ago. The site has always had a small raised bump ever since which was unnoticeable to anyone but me when I felt it - it wasn't visible. I've had sciatica ever since too but the last couple of weeks the pain has been indescribable so I have been using sticky heat patches to ease the pain.

At the weekend DH put the heat patch on for me and it overlapped my epidural scar slightly, but when it was taken off, my scar has grown into a huge lump a bit like a skin tag but larger and bright red. It doesn't hurt, but is uncomfortable when I wear jeans.

Is this just because of the heat being applied? It's been 4 days and it hasn't got any smaller (if anything it's got bigger). Will it go back down again? Anyone else had this?

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 05-Apr-17 07:57:53

Picture of the offending bump... and a bump for traffic...

shirleycartersaidso Wed 05-Apr-17 08:08:02

I have no advice but I don't even have a mark from my two epidurals - is it definitely from that?

QuentinSummers Wed 05-Apr-17 08:10:00

Looks like an abscess maybe from an ingrowing hair. Is there a lump under the surface? Have a hot bath and try squeezing it! Or go to the GP probably the sensible option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now