Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Loss of tissue WARNING GRAPHIC.

(6 Posts)
Danielleclaire275 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:09:48

Hi there all smile
I'm hoping someone out there could tell me what this could possibly be. I am currently having all sorts of tests for persistent bleeding since I had my second daughter in June 2016. I'm on the depo and the pill to try to manage bleeding - with no luck. I'm currently awaiting ultrasound results but I lost this last Thursday and no doctor can tell me what it is (unfortunately I flushed it away after taking the picture) doctor has mentioned could have been an old miscarriage so if anyone has ever experienced anything like this please do let me know x thank you x

SleepWhatSleep1 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:14:33

Decidual cast?

Danielleclaire275 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:53:49

Hi I've never heard of a decidual cast.. just Googled images and the shape doesn't really compare. Unless it can come out in bits and I've got more to come? X

Mamabear14 Wed 05-Apr-17 09:00:51

The one time I ever had anything like this (they grey coloured tissue) was after taking the morning after pill when I was 16 or after taking norethisterone for holidays etc. I remember being really freaked out but the doctor said it was just the womb lining coming away. It came away in bits over a week or so.

OutToGetYou Wed 05-Apr-17 09:03:36

I had stuff a bit like that, but more gloopy I think, when my coil was at the end of its life. The consultant said it was my body ejecting some of the womb lining.

Danielleclaire275 Fri 07-Apr-17 08:39:49

Thank you for your replies ladies. My ultrasound results came back satisfactory which is great news. Only wish it was before I lost this so I had a definite answer for what it was. Seems there's no cause as of yet for my ongoing symptoms I think I'm going stir crazy. Back to the doctor today to discuss results. But I will say one thing for sure now I'm positive it's contraception that's the problem I will never have a depo shot again it all started when I had that nasty thing!! The things us women have to go through! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now