Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain on outside of foot, worth bothering the GP again?

(4 Posts)
Notonyournellly Mon 03-Apr-17 22:18:40

For the last couple of months I have had a nagging pain on the bony bit on the outside of my foot. The pain comes and goes: walking is generally fine, but by the end of the day it can be very tender, so much so that when my dog rested her head on that spot a few days ago I nearly jumped off the sofa in pain. I did see the GP a couple of weeks ago about it. he said that feet can take time to heal after a sprain so should to try and rest it and see how it goes. He thought the fact that I am walking alright is a sign that it's nothing serious, and not really worth x-raying, but if anything it's been getting worse. Is it worth contacting them again? Or should I sit it out and let it mend itself? I've been to the GP with a few other things recently and don't want to bother them more than I have to.

user1471449040 Mon 03-Apr-17 22:20:06

I'd definitely recommend going to see a podiatrist, I think you're delaying treatment by relying on the gp (note- I'm note a medic but have had loads of probs with my feet)

Notonyournellly Mon 03-Apr-17 22:37:28

Thanks for your reply, good to hear from a fellow foot-sufferer. Is it possible to book directly with a podiatrist, or is it via GP referral only?

user1471449040 Thu 18-May-17 21:25:31

Sorry I just realised I'd missed your post. You can book directly with a podiatrist. I'd recommend getting a biometric test done (where they check your gait etc, to see if/how your feet are effecting your walk/posture/how your body works)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now