Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had this?

(3 Posts)
Christinedaae17 Mon 03-Apr-17 16:37:17

Noticed before that I've got blood on my eyeball in the corner, not sure what could have caused it but I was removing make up from my eyes before and may have pressed too hard.

It feels dry in that corner now as well, has anyone else had this?

Itmustbemyage Mon 03-Apr-17 16:45:37

Looks like a burst blood vessel in your eye, quite a common thing to happen it can happen as a result of minor injury to the eye , coughing or sneezing even. Plenty of health website to google for more info and lots of pictures to compare your eye to.
Some people get them a lot , my sister being one of them, some never at all. More common if you are on blood thinner medication.
It can take up to three weeks to disappear but it looks worse than it is, unfortunately nothing you can do to hide it though.
Think the dryness is just a coincidence.

Christinedaae17 Mon 03-Apr-17 16:49:16

Thanks for replying I've never had one before (or at least not that I've noticed!) and got myself worked up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now