Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Reassurance required: ringing in ear.

(12 Posts)
SorrelSoup Sun 02-Apr-17 21:00:13

Hi I've had a terrible couple of months with having wisdom teeth removed and pain etc. I've been suffering and have been on and off with colds, have had really bad anxiety. Still sneezing now a few times a day. Anyway, I've had a ringing in my ear for weeks now. When I blow my nose my ears have been popping so I guess I'm still blocked up. Can anyone reassure me that this ringing in my ear will go eventually or should I be worried and seeing the gp??

TheoriginalLEM Sun 02-Apr-17 21:03:52

You may need your ears syringed although it sounds sinusy to me following your cold. Your dr may be able to prescribe something to help. i sympathise with the anxiety but this honestly doesn't sound too sinister.

MummaGiles Sun 02-Apr-17 21:04:07

If you're concerned, and it's still going on after your cold has cleared, go and see the doctor. But it probably is to do with your cold and will go away. I have tinnitus. It's intermittent. I've had all sorts of tests and scans to make sure there's nothing more sinister going on and they've been clear. It's annoying at times but not the worst thing in the world.

SorrelSoup Sun 02-Apr-17 21:10:14

Thanks both. You know when it's not massive things, but it's just one thing after another? I'm trying to relax!

Astro55 Sun 02-Apr-17 21:12:58

Try some Olbas oil

SorrelSoup Mon 03-Apr-17 06:59:29

What does it do?

Nancy91 Mon 03-Apr-17 07:17:13

When I had that, it was a blocked eustachian tube following a nasty virus and a lot of sneezing. I thought I was going deaf as it lasted ages and I have severe anxiety! It eventually went on its own. The GP couldn't do anything about it unfortunately. Look that up online and see if your symptoms are similar. You'll be fine smile

Astro55 Mon 03-Apr-17 07:23:56

Olbas oil melts the gunk - you can either put a few drops in a bowl of boiling water to steam the room - or put some on PJs or pillow

3/4 nights

You can do it in the day as well!

Really unblocks!!

Works great with colds when you can't breath

SorrelSoup Tue 04-Apr-17 06:50:28

Shall I go to the pharmacy and get some ear de-gunking stuff or should I not mess with them?

SorrelSoup Tue 04-Apr-17 11:36:19

I'm seeing the gp.

Nancy91 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:47:46

That's great, hope you get it sorted as it's extremely annoying!

SorrelSoup Wed 05-Apr-17 16:28:46

Just to update as I know how frustrating it is when people search threads with similar symptoms! Gp said to try and steam. It could be part of a virus and should be self limiting. Ears completely clean. Come back in two weeks for ent referral. Fingers crossed I won't need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now