Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lung lesions ??

(4 Posts)
oslolou Sat 01-Apr-17 20:41:04

Hello, I have had one cold after another since new year, I have had an horrific cough during one that lasted for a week and then lost my voice completely for a week ! For the last month I have had a constant cough and can't really complete my normal 3 mile run as I am short of breath. I went to the Docs and was sent for an X-ray, I got the results on Friday apparently there is a Lesion in the lung and I have been sent for a CT scan next week ? I am 46 and smoked for about 10 years back in the day, I stopped 12 years ago.... I have 3 kids who need me and I am scared 😱 Any comments much appreciated ❤

hairymuffet Sat 01-Apr-17 21:41:34

It could just be a pocket of infection.
Or scarring from infection.
Or inflammation of some kind, not necessarily the nasty kind that you're thinking of.
flowers

Sittinginthesun Sat 01-Apr-17 21:46:47

Friend of mine has just been through the same thing. Hers was an infection that had gone hard. Waiting of lab results, but might be TB. She also had a terrible cough etc, and apparently was coughing blood but didn't think to get it checked out.

oslolou Sat 01-Apr-17 22:20:58

Thanks all, it's awful how the mind works overtime 🙁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now