Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

In really bad pain but don't know what it could be

(11 Posts)
salsmum Sat 01-Apr-17 13:47:10

I've had a really bad pain in my left side for 2 days now it's like I've ran a marathon and have a bad stitch not constipated urine seems ok and I'm 54 so no pregnancy or period etc..I do have gall stones and hates hernia paracetamol don't seem to be working very well and I have four more nights of night work it hurts when I breath and cough and stops me sleeping with the pain has anyone else had this and can give me a clue as to what it could be?.

Birgitz Sat 01-Apr-17 14:24:28

Have you got a temperature?

happy2bhomely Sat 01-Apr-17 14:26:56

My mum had pain like this. It was a kidney stone. Within 2 hours of getting to the hospital she had developed sepsis and pneumonia and was on life support. She was fine in the end but it was a scary time.

Go and get checked. Always better to be safe than sorry.

MichaelSheensNextDW Sat 01-Apr-17 22:43:29

Diverticulitis
Ovarian cyst

Get yourself seen, that level of pain needs investigating.

nocoolnamesleft Sat 01-Apr-17 23:07:04

Pneumonia with pleuritic pain?

salsmum Sun 02-Apr-17 01:08:14

I'm working another 3 nights outta 6 taking painkillers which seem to be taking a little of the edge off it I'm getting a little hot, then cold but not really running a temperature per say confused

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 02-Apr-17 07:32:14

Seek medical advice asap. This needs further investigation.

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 02-Apr-17 14:37:08

You need to be seen urgently.

Piehunter Sun 02-Apr-17 14:39:40

You definitely need checking out swiftly! Pain that stops you sleeping is significant and the feeling hot and cold combined with pain definitely shouldn't be ignored.

salsmum Mon 10-Apr-17 03:22:19

Thank you for all your advice...doc seems to think it could be kidney stones as there was blood in my urine..I'm on antibiotics and Naproxin for the pain...fingers crossed.

lljkk Tue 11-Apr-17 19:36:22

X fingers 4 U.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now