Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vomiting, diarrhoea bug

(8 Posts)
bigchris Sat 01-Apr-17 10:11:38

Can I take anything?
Reluctant to take Immmodium but should I take paracetamol or anything?
And what should I be drinking , eating

Help me , waiL !

Fingalswave Sat 01-Apr-17 10:20:31

Poor you. If you don't have a temperature and it's a pure stomach bug (ie not gastric flu or something) then I wouldn't take paracetamol but I'm not a doctor. Perhaps look at NHS website, it contains some good advice.

I avoid Imodium too as think better to let a bug run its course. You can go quite a long time without eating, so just keep hydrated with regular sips of boiled water or some people find flat Coke or flat sevenup helpful. Take a tiny sip every 15 mins.

When you fancy something to nibble, start with dry bits of toast or plain crackers, maybe tiny amount plain rice.

Hope you feel better soon.

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Sat 01-Apr-17 10:21:19

I wouldn't eat anything for at least 24 hours and just stick to water/ice cubes and if you can manage it dioralyte sachets. Hope you feel better soon.

Fingalswave Sat 01-Apr-17 10:22:16

Forgot to say, avoid dairy.

bigchris Sat 01-Apr-17 10:29:23

Thank you that is very helpful, I'm going back to bed with a litre bottle of water

Fingalswave Sat 01-Apr-17 10:31:34

Good luck BigChris hope it's short-lived.

bigchris Sat 01-Apr-17 13:47:10

Thank you , just got up and feeling a bit more human

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 01-Apr-17 13:50:47

Manuka honey and probiotics do the trick here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now