Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prochlorperazine anti nausea pills

(6 Posts)
whatisforteamum Sat 01-Apr-17 09:20:42

After weeks of nausea and dizziness I've been prescribed anti depressants and anti nausea pills.I don't want the anti depressants as I feel happy in myself just I'll while travelling all of a sudden.I can now get to work OK however I have a holiday booked this month.I have emetaphobia anyway.Have you taken these pills and did they work ? The gp thinks they will stop the dizziness due to movement/car travel.

whatisforteamum Sat 01-Apr-17 10:45:14

Anyone had these?

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sat 01-Apr-17 11:11:04

Yes, I have been prescribed these for chemo nausea. I don't take them very often as I'm on some other medications which control my nausea most of the time. They might work for you or they might not. The only way to know is to try them. Your GP would not have prescribed them if they didn't think they would work though.

I hope your symptoms improve soon.

RockNRollNerd Sun 02-Apr-17 16:12:13

I've had them loads, long history of labyrinthitis and BPPV a couple of times (currently suffering at the moment for the third time). Normally I take the 3mg melty ones but am just coming to the end of a week on the 5mg swallowable ones as I was physically throwing up with the vertigo last week. I find them really good and tend to take them with betahistine (serc) for the vertigo.

Aridane Sun 02-Apr-17 16:39:04

Yes, I have had these - they stopped strong nausea

whatisforteamum Sun 02-Apr-17 19:09:33

Fantastic thank you all.so far I've stuck to sucking sweets for journeys however I want to do the 200 mile trip on holiday.most pills day cause nausea and dizziness these sound like they will do the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now