Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Double mascetomy/had reconstruction last year.now found another lump

(10 Posts)
Milkandcornflakes Fri 31-Mar-17 19:37:18

Hi ladies..I've had an horrendous year..diagnosed with breast cancer Feb 1015..10cm tumour in left breast ..Lymph nodes affected too..had neo adjuvant chemo to shrink tumour (which didn't work initially)..double reconstruction same day as mascetomy ..no implants.stomach tissue used to make breasts..followed by 15 sessions of radiotherapy.then found out I have Brac 2 gene so had full hysterectomy last week..my God the suffering that goes on is horrendous.Anyways I've found a lump on the surface of my left breast ..no where near the originally tumour..it's under the breast cup..im.beside myself..I came out of a hospital appointment yesterday elated when I got pathology reports of ovaries etc saying no cancer detected.I wept and couldn't stop smiling..now I can't eat or sleep..I called breast nurse and she said the cancer can sometimes come back on the skin of the breast with my type of reconstruction during to oestrogen under the skin..(my cancer was oestrogen led).I was taking tamoxifen but stopped a week before hysterectomy..now I have this lump..I can't get to see anyone at breast clinic untill 7th April..I'm a single parent to my Autistic son who's almost since and he's been very effected by all my sickness and absences..I got very sick for the 4.5months of chemo and spent most of it in hospital. Has this happened to anyone..the lump is tiny and quite hard..where as the tumour was large and bouncy.I'm so worried..any advice would be appreciated ladies..

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Sat 01-Apr-17 17:54:26

You poor thing, it's perfectly understandable that you're worried. I'm afraid I can't advise you on this but suggest you post on the lacies thread as there some very knowledgeable people there. I hope they can reassure you.

Milkandcornflakes Sat 01-Apr-17 18:44:55

Thanks super!

labradottie Sat 01-Apr-17 18:52:12

Hi there, in case it helps to hear from others - I've had mastectomy and diep recon too. A few months later, I found a lump, initial thoughts were fat necrosis (which is quite common) - biopsy identified it as a lymph node that somehow migrated or got transplanted with the stomach tissue. Hopefully yours will be similarly benign. You've done the right thing by getting an appointment, try not to worry (impossible, I know) and fingers crossed for you.

labradottie Sat 01-Apr-17 18:53:11

Meant to say my lump feels like a pea size and quite hard

castor Sat 01-Apr-17 20:59:56

Hello. I am sorry that you are having such a rough time. I know how panicked you feel as I recently found a new lump following treatment for breast cancer last year. My lump turned out to be fat necrosis as mentioned by Labradottie. It appeared very quickly and is round, painless and hard. Fat necrosis is very common following surgery and radiotherapy. On its website, Breast Cancer Care has some very helpful leaflets about benign lumps. You may find these reassuring as you wait for your appointment. After having examined you, your consultant will probably have a pretty good idea as to whether you should be concerned or not, but given your history you will probably be sent for a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy. Sorry that you have a few more nerve racking days ahead. I will be rooting for you and really hope that your lump turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Milkandcornflakes Sun 02-Apr-17 11:02:31

Oh my goodness ladies thank you so much for taking the time to reply.you have told me more than the breast nurse!!.
I can get on with my day now and try not to worry and will see what the appointment brings. I even managed breakfast!..I bloody love mumsnet!!! Thank you

Milkandcornflakes Sun 02-Apr-17 11:03:46

Will update when I know what it is to help ladies in a similar situation.

Freezingwinter Sun 02-Apr-17 11:05:45

Wanted to wish you good luck for your appointment, and with all the surgery you've had I wonder if it's scar tissue? This can feel similar to what you described.
Also it was pretty mean of the nurse to say that to you! Can you phone up and demand to be seen tomorrow or Tuesday? I feel that the more fuss you kick up, the quicker things happen sometimes with the nhs. Good luck anywayflowers

labradottie Sun 02-Apr-17 20:13:11

Best wishes and let us know how you get on

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: