Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this discharge normal?

(5 Posts)

Tmi but I'm 8+2 days pregnant. I've had no symptoms up until now, slight pulling pains is what I can describe it as today either side of my stomach but nothing bad. I've never had any discharge at all until now. This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure if this discharge is normal? Advice please? I don't have anyone around that can help me till I can see a Doctor and I don't have a midwives appointment till I'm 10 weeks.

loveyoutothemoon Thu 30-Mar-17 14:13:06

It could be normal, but hard to tell.

I do think you should call the early pregnancy unit at your local hospital and ask for advice. They may check your hormone levels.

Try not to panic though.

Fauxgina Thu 30-Mar-17 14:21:46

I had some small spotting like that with my first at around 8 weeks, think it must have been when my period was due.

I went to EPU for my own sake and they were happy to see me and let me know baby was fine.

OverthinkingSpartacus Thu 30-Mar-17 14:32:57

You're doing the right thing seeing a GP, even if you end up with everyone saying they experienced similar and were fine, still see the GP.

I had discharge that looks the same at about two months in and a kind of pain that I can only describe as a mild version of what I get during menstartion in two pregnancies.

First time I was 19 and my mum phined GP, who came out and was a right twat to me, I'd previously saught help for an abortion when I first found out I was pregnant as I was terrified, but after talking with my Mum and knowing I had support I changed my mind, GP came in house and said "what do you want me to do about it, it might be for the best if ....," And left.

That baby is now about to turn 18 smile

I didn't seek medical help with second pregnancy because truth be told, I didn't know I was pregnant, (was on antibiotics and didn't know they stop the pill from working) I was fine and that baby is now 12 smile

Like I say though, just because I was ok both times you should still get medical advise just in case. Try not to panic, I know it's easier said than done though flowers

Verbena37 Thu 30-Mar-17 15:31:19

It looks like what I had at the time when my period would have been due however, it's important you get checked it out....especially as any bleeding now in pregnancy would then require an anti D injection and putting in your notes for labour.

Rest up and don't walk around too much if you can help it until you see early early pregnancy unit or GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now