Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nervous stomach.

(10 Posts)
Looneytune253 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:25:05

I get what I can I can only describe as a nervous stomach. I cant seem to work out a pattern. First I thought it was gluten, then sugar. Doesn't seem to be those. I get it with some stressful situations and I am getting more and more anxious all the time. I get extremely nauseous and quite often diarrhoea but I spend lots of my time nauseous. I've just had to hurry home from town (30 min journey) convinced i wasnt going to make it home. This has really upset me as I was convinced I was going to soil myself on the train. Anybody have similar? What can I do. I have visited the doctor several times. Ive had stool samples which did flag something up so had endoscopy and colonoscopy so all serious stuff has been ruled out but don't know where to go from here.

Looneytune253 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:26:15

I'm so sorry about the lack of paragraphs. For some reason on my app it doesn't let you do paragraphs when you're starting a thread.

Can do it in comments though.

Minime85 Thu 30-Mar-17 18:08:25

I have a mixture of this and food intolerance. It sounds like panic attacks about it. I go through phases with certain symptoms that you describe. I don't eat gluten as it makes my symptoms less. I've also notice s less carbs helps too. You need to keep a very tight diary log of food. See your gp again.

Secretariat Thu 30-Mar-17 18:14:29

I used to suffer from anxiety badly caused by bad riding accident and rehabbing ex race horses. I would literally have chronic diarrhoea and stomach anxiety at the thought of getting on an animal. This was ruining my life, I did find cutting out certain foods did help i.e lots of carbs, simple sugars etc but my saviour, as stupid as it sounds, was rescue remedy and learning to breathe properly. I still get little pangs but not half as bad and I'm back on the lunatics grin

Lukeandlorelai4Ever Thu 30-Mar-17 18:25:03

This happened to me years ago and still occasionally now.
I went through months of it and lost weight as I was always on the loo!

I went to the doctor and she said it was because I was constantly worrying about not finding a toilet in time that I was anxious constantly.

I took a lot of imdodiem (sp)
blush

I started to relax and not think about needing to go and eventually that phase passed.

Like I said, I still get it if I have an interview, or stressed but I calm myself down.
Hope it sorts itself out for you.

Purplebluebird Thu 30-Mar-17 18:28:55

I have this! sad It's nothing food related, I have tried all sorts. It just happens when I'm anxious, mainly when travelling and there is no bathroom nearby. I have no idea what to do about it, but desperately want it to go away!

PollyPerky Thu 30-Mar-17 19:33:05

Maybe you could try something like Buscopan which is for IBS and help relax the bowel a bit? Even psychologically it might help.

Minime85 Thu 30-Mar-17 20:33:21

Yes I agree buscopan is really good. I have acupuncture as well that helped in lots of ways.

Looneytune253 Fri 31-Mar-17 07:32:56

I do think it's psychological. Sometimes I get so paranoid about tummy bugs (no idea why cos I'm not bothered about being sick or dealing with sick) and i worry about them till I'm sick. This hasn't happened for a while but if there's a bug going around I'm constantly thinking about us getting it. It got very bad before my holiday because there were people sending their sick kids into school and i was panicking we weren't gonna make the flight. Ironically our family don't actually catch this stuff so i just try to tell myself that all the time. I used rescue remedy actually at that point in my life for that (as i was getting really neurotic with it) so i may give that another try. I do take buscopan regularly and i have anti sickness tablets from the doctor.

picklemepopcorn Fri 31-Mar-17 07:57:49

Sometimes it's combinations. I cannot eat mushrooms if I'm stressed. Stress and mushrooms together, disaster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now