Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Yellow Teeth - Cosmetic

(3 Posts)
SilverBirchWithout Wed 29-Mar-17 20:09:37

I wasn't quite sure whether this question fits better in General Health or Style & Beauty.

I go to the dentist regularly and use good quality toothpaste, don't smoke, or drink much tea or coffee. However as I get older (now in my late 50s) my teeth seem to be becoming much yellower. It's making me pretty self-conscious.

Is there any reason for this? And I need a fairly easy solution to the problem which will not cost me a fortune in cosmetic dentistry?

PollyPerky Thu 30-Mar-17 14:52:23

Teeth yellow with age.

Your dentist may offer teeth whitening. Don't DIY as some products are dangerous.

Costs vary but I paid around £400 - it can be cheaper- for custom made trays from the dentist and whitening gel to use with them.

SilverBirchWithout Thu 30-Mar-17 15:21:50

Thanks for the info. That sounds an OK price, so I'll ask next time I visit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: