Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Right sided chest/back pain

(10 Posts)
imsodizzy Wed 29-Mar-17 16:54:26

I've been experiencing right sided back and chest pain since Sunday, at first I only noticed the chest pain and then I had back pain which is pretty much directly behind the chest pain. I didnt link them at first but when I do a deep breath it feels like the the painful areas are being pulled together. The pain in my chest feels like its exactly where my breast is but deep down so definitely my in my chest and not breast related. I've googled loads and can't find anything that fits this, I'm thinking I might have pulled a muscle so I've been putting off getting a gp appointment. Any ideas what it is?

imsodizzy Thu 30-Mar-17 18:58:04

Hopeful little bump blush

trinity0097 Thu 30-Mar-17 19:18:28

Gallbladder?

P1nkP0ppy Thu 30-Mar-17 19:24:14

Could be pleurisy, needs checking out op.

imsodizzy Thu 30-Mar-17 19:26:18

I did think possibly gallbladder but it seems to start with stomach pain and I haven't had any nor any other symptoms.
It's fine when I'm sat still and breathing normal but it's like a stabbing burny pain when I move or breathe deeply.

Jeffjefftyjeff Thu 30-Mar-17 19:26:40

Are these your only symptoms? I would see a doctor with any chest pain. When I had chest and back pain together it was a pulmonary embolism, but I did have other symptoms too.

imsodizzy Thu 30-Mar-17 19:33:05

I get short of breath quicker than usual when just walking about but I put that down to being unfit blush and I've had a bit of a cough bringing up phlegm but nothing other than that.
Looks like I'll need to see my gp then, I put it off when I need to drag my toddler along

Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 19:34:11

Sounds like pleurisy, you definitely need to get it checked out.

Madhairday Thu 30-Mar-17 19:36:08

Was also going to say it sounds like pleurisy. Get to your gp as you may need antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon.

imsodizzy Thu 30-Mar-17 19:39:28

I did look at pleurisy but when I looked online people seemed to be really ill with it and I thought I wasn't ill enough for it to be that. Thanks for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now