Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

itchy bum

(9 Posts)
Tweettwo Mon 27-Mar-17 23:56:49

Hello all

A bit embarrassing, but for around the last 12 months I've had a really itchy anus - particularly at night. It at other times too. My initial suspicion was threadworms as I have suffered before, and I think there may.have a bit of this, but I've taken medication for this several times in recent months and am not seeing any evidence that there are any worms. I guess I need to go to the doctor but just wondered if anyone had any ideas? I do drink too much alcohol and wondered if this might have something to do with it?

Thanks in advance..

BlueChampagne Tue 28-Mar-17 13:20:01

Could be a fissure - they take ages to heal. Yes, try the GP.

mowgeli Tue 28-Mar-17 16:20:23

Could be thrush, go to the doctor! They can help

whatithink Tue 28-Mar-17 16:28:24

I had this with a fissure. Timodine cream from GP worked wonders.

mayhew Tue 28-Mar-17 18:39:33

Piles can be itchy. Wash your anus with plain water after a bowel movement and pat dry gently with a clean facecloth or kitchen roll.

Jazzywazzydodah Tue 28-Mar-17 18:43:36

Itchy bum - money to come ...

muttrat Tue 28-Mar-17 18:45:27

I had this.

It was piles.

Tweettwo Tue 28-Mar-17 21:40:09

Thanks very much everyone. Off to the doctor I go then! X

booox Tue 28-Mar-17 21:52:10

Weirdly had this recently. Pile cream didn't help, but canesten did. I think excessive use of pile cream caused the thrush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now