Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Adjusting to life at home after long hospital stay

(1 Post)
lg180000 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:27:30

Without going too much into detail (this post would be pages long!), I have just been discharged from hospital after spending 5 weeks there following complications after surgery. I'm really pleased and excited to be home but also feel quite nervous about no longer being in the hospital which I had come to see as a safe environment. I've also felt that I've become really quite close to some of the nurses after having been there for so long and it feels very strange to think I probably will never see these people again after them being a huge part of my life for the last few weeks. Has anybody else been this kind of situation? I know there is really nothing I can do about this other than try to focus on getting better and getting back to normality but I'm just struggling a bit and was looking for some advice from others who might have been in a similar situation. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now