Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Uneven menstrual flow - causes?

(8 Posts)
Sunshineandlaughter Mon 27-Mar-17 11:47:41

Does anyone know what causes uneven flow of your period? I've been getting these weird periods since I have birth to my lo - normal or light flow then just a few hours/half a day of really heavy flow with clots and stuff, then super light flow again. I am still breastfeeding but I've had my periods back for 4/5 months now... just really strange!

Silvercatowner Mon 27-Mar-17 17:28:55

I thought that was reasonably normal. It was for me.

Sunshineandlaughter Mon 27-Mar-17 17:56:25

Really? It all sort of seems to come out at once - really very uneven and with massive clots. Not just some light and heavy days. Am wondering about fibroids?

lljkk Mon 27-Mar-17 18:35:10

um, normal to be totally different from hour to hour for me, too.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:38:12

Yep. My periods are a law unto themselves after having babies. I have 3 days of can't leave the house heavy flow, interspersed with occasional hours of literally nothing. Stop start stop start for 3-4 days then a few days very light. Sometimes my body forgets it's done this, and does the whole thing again a week later. If I was TTC I'd be concerned but as I'm not I just put up with it and wait for the menopause.....

Sunshineandlaughter Mon 27-Mar-17 18:50:20

God so seems it's normal then...

Childbirth really messes with your body!!

WelliesAndPyjamas Mon 27-Mar-17 18:53:02

Sounds too familiar. Length of periods has changed since having kids for me too. Now 10 to 12 days seems normal confused

jennymac Wed 29-Mar-17 15:53:32

This happened to me too after my second dc. The doctor assured me that it was normal after having kids for your periods to change. That was 9 years ago and they are still like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now