Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why can I taste chlorine in my mouth and nose...

(7 Posts)
MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 27-Mar-17 11:12:48

Has anyone ever had this? It's been ok and off for a few weeks (and particularly grim today!)

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh Mon 27-Mar-17 11:13:13

Pregnant?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 27-Mar-17 11:24:27

I don't think so... had AF last week and this has been on and off longer than that.

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh Mon 27-Mar-17 11:54:25

Not sure then, it's normally something hormonal for me when I've got that taste in my mouth. I'm on at the moment and I've got it.

Hopefully someone more useful will be along.

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Mon 27-Mar-17 16:28:22

I went to the doctor's a few years ago because I could smell cigarette smoke everywhere. Turned out it was connected to my rhinitis - my nasal passages were very inflamed. He prescribed Beconase and anti histamines which I think I'll be taking forever as the rhinitis is very long- standing. I heard a story on the radio of a woman who had nasal inflammation following a bad cold and she smelt and tasted sewage everywhere. Could your nasal passages be inflamed?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 27-Mar-17 19:07:50

Weirdly it might be a kidney problem... had a lot of pain in my back and saw my GP and she said it's definitely a kidney infection but is going to do a bit more investigation..

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Mon 27-Mar-17 19:37:23

Hope you get to the bottom of it (and get cured) pronto.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now