Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

PCOS, Endiometritis and/or the combi pill

(13 Posts)
WheresTheEvidence Sun 26-Mar-17 20:30:48

So after years of issues regarding my menstrual cycle; severe pain, collapses, javelin arse, sweats etc I think I may have endiometritis. I went to speak with the GP who has referred me to the hospital for blood tests for PCOS [something I've always considered I have - excess hair/pms/long cycle etc] he has also suggested I take the combi pill.

1. I still think I should consider being assessed for endiometritis - will this show up ?
2. I'm not sexually active so not sure I need the combi pill - also I worry about pms/hormones with it - I already suffer with severe pms

Any thoughts?

Hardyloveit Sun 26-Mar-17 20:44:17

I have pcos, endometriosis and a tilting womb!

I really hope you get some answers! It took me years ! I got diagnosed with pcos aged 16 and the endo took another couple of years! I had cysts that kept bursting and I'd end up in hospital! This has happened 6-8 times in the last 13 years.

Please push to see a gyne doc ..... they can do scans etc.

I've also had numerous ops

I did take the pill and one of them worked to help control the pain and heavy flow however I found this wasn't always the case and some months I'd bleed the whole time!

Maybe try it and see how it helps for you?

Hardyloveit Sun 26-Mar-17 20:44:58

Also hugs flowers as it bloody sucks!

WheresTheEvidence Sun 26-Mar-17 21:57:47

Thanks Hardy. How do I push to see gynae? Just concerned that some periods I'm passing out, writhing in pain and in no fit state and I am a professional nanny so not great to be out of action !

MyBeloved Sun 26-Mar-17 22:02:41

Hi there and sorry to hear you are suffering. Get a referral by going back to the doctor and insisting on one. I would personally find out which consultants work at the hospitals near you and identify one who has a special interest in the kinds of problems you are having. Then ask your doctor to refer you to that person.

Good luck flowers

user1490562017 Sun 26-Mar-17 22:03:39


Hi there,

I think I have the same as you but every doctor keeps telling me different angry. What does you do to relieve the pain now? I have tried 3 different pills and nothing is working sad. Hoping to get a referral to a leading doctor in London!!

Thank you smile

Hardyloveit Sun 26-Mar-17 22:23:11

Just say to your doc you want to be referred to a gynaecologist! Keep pushing for it!
(Found out 6 years later mine lived next to my grandad lol)

But honestly just keep going back to docs and saying it..... they can't really refuse!

Pain management now that's a different story! I feel for you both tho! I've taken so much time off work n studying! Co codamol slightly touched it.... or I'd get prescribed strong stuff from docs but you can't drive on it so it's a catch 22!

Touch wood mines okay ATM........ I've just had dd2 6 months ago and pain wise it's okay but the flow is ridiculously heavy however I'm so used to that now!

Perpetualstateofchaos Sun 26-Mar-17 22:35:58

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 14 years ago. It to weekly gp visits to get a referall I made a nuisance of myself. I was put on various combi pills by different drs but still had severe pain. I finally got put on a mini pill by a dr who knew about endometriosis and advised me to have progesterone only bc as the oestrogen 'feeds' the endo.
Please push at ur GPS for a referall to gynae endometriosis can only really be diagnosed by investigative surgery.

Loz90333 Mon 27-Mar-17 09:34:44


Yeah she has referred me to a Gyny doctor but just feel they are going to say the same thing, " we are unsure" and get palmed off with more tablets!

I have had to leave 2 jobs due to the pain being so bad, its so frustrating!!! Apparently when you have children its supposed to go away is this true?

Cant wait for all of this to be sorted smile

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 27-Mar-17 10:36:05

Do not be fobbed off with pills alone (and particularly ones with estrogen in it as this "feeds" endo deposits); this warrants proper investigation from a gynaecologist. Keep pushing for a referral and do not take no for an answer. I waited many years to obtain the reason as to why I suffered severe menstrual pain up to and during menses (and yes it was endometriosis).

Endometriosis is not normally picked up on a standard internal ultrasound scan and is usually diagnosed through a keyhole surgery op called a laparoscopy.

Would suggest you keep a daily pain and symptom diary if you do not already do this; this will give them clues as well.

Endo can recur post giving birth as well

MyBeloved Mon 27-Mar-17 11:21:46

Sometimes even the gynaes are reluctant at first to investigate and will push mirena on you. Ime.

Loz90333 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:13:06

The doctor said she has done a semi urgent referral so I decided to ring up both the hospital and doctors, surprise surprise they haven't done it!! Getting on my nerves as need all this sorted before I go to University.

I have had one keyhole op to drain a cyst which grew back really quick and was doubly painful sad just want it removed totally!! Is yours sorted now?

Thank you

Hardyloveit Tue 28-Mar-17 10:43:41

After my first dd I still had endo really bad...... since my second it's not as painful however will most likely come back

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: