Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Noro - ds1 and dh have succumbed...

(16 Posts)
Badders123 Sun 26-Mar-17 12:42:02

And I think ds2 and I are next!
What do we do?
Ds1 has conked out in bed
Dh is downstairs as he darent go too far from the loo
Ds2 is now feeling pesky and I'm not feeling great myself having been up since 2am 😞😞
Tips?
Cleaning hints?
I'm bleaching like mad
It's going to be a looooong day...

youarenotkiddingme Sun 26-Mar-17 12:59:10

I use a water spray bottle and add warm water and dettol. I spray all door handles once touched and loo seat and back of loo, taps etc. Basically anything touched that will harbour germs!

So far I've always managed to contain stomach bugs to just me or ds.

Hope all improve soon.

Badders123 Sun 26-Mar-17 13:47:24

...and now ds2

ShakeofFara Sun 26-Mar-17 19:17:40

How are you all doing Badders?

Badders123 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:24:17

Poor ds2 still vomiting
I'm feeling a bit delicate....

gamerchick Sun 26-Mar-17 20:31:20

A bit late now, one sniff of vomiting and the culprit needs to be quarantined in a bedroom.

Bleach is the only thing that works with actual noro. It's a virus not a bacteria. Strong solution in water in a spray bottle, lots of hand washing, open windows and ride it out. Bugs are airbourne for a short time after you vomit which then are breathed in or go in your eyes so it's hard not to catch it if you're in the same room.

When you're through the other side, all touchables need cleaning, door handles, light switches, computers, remotes etc. I keep a pack of tena nappies in the house for both ends to give a bit extra time getting to a toilet.

Good luck.

Badders123 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:39:18

Done the bleaching...my poor hands!!
It's a nasty bug this one...even dh has got it and he is never ill...

ShakeofFara Sun 26-Mar-17 20:53:40

I hope you don't succumb to the lurgy Badders and that the rest of the family recover soon.

A bad sickness but just went round our town and there were 64 children off in one week. There was talk of closing the school for a few days but it didn't come to that.

Badders123 Mon 27-Mar-17 07:59:00

Poor ds2 still vomiting....what do I do? I'm drinking water but dint really what to eat because I've now got stomach cramps and runs...
Sigh...

Badders123 Mon 27-Mar-17 07:59:41

don't really want to

womanwhowantstohelp Mon 27-Mar-17 18:31:16

Oh OP I read this last night but was incoherently tired so decided not to comment for typos. Your poor family, I really hope you don't get it too it's a nasty bug. How are you all doing?

Badders123 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:48:25

I have the runs but no sickness yet
Ds2 hasn't been sick since 8am so fingers x
Dh looks much better than yesterday but very wiped out
Ditto ds1

Badders123 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:53:55

Have had some dioralyte

picklemepopcorn Mon 27-Mar-17 19:15:09

Oh dear Badders! At least DH is on the up. Door handles and taps are the things to clean. Keep sipping the dioralyte, or flat full sugar Coke. Actually, I like the Coke fizzy. The bubbles help when I'm nauseous.

Badders123 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:22:58

I will
And thank you for the replies...been an awful couple of days 😞

picklemepopcorn Mon 27-Mar-17 20:06:47

I suppose one day at a time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now