Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena coil has just come out.

(9 Posts)
SomebodyWillGetHurt Sat 25-Mar-17 23:19:10

My coil seems to have just come out. Checked strings. Which were really low. And sorta straightened them and it just came out?
I've been off form for a couple weeks. Raging headaches. Stabbing pains in groin and pelvic area. Severe cramps. Weepy and unusually down. Is it all related?
What will happen now?

Strangeswelling Sat 25-Mar-17 23:31:36

I have no experience but I'd ring 101 at the very least! Hope you feel better soon.

RNBrie Sat 25-Mar-17 23:39:06

You don't need to ring 101, that's the police. You don't even need to ring 111. Whoever put it in should have warned you they do occasionally come out. Make an appt to have another one put in, it's no biggie.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Sat 25-Mar-17 23:41:10

Mine did it last week. New one took seconds to put in. Just use alternative contraception until you can have it sorted.

GotToGetMyFingerOut Sat 25-Mar-17 23:57:15

Also possibly do a test this happened to my cousin seven years ago. She now has a six year old who was conceived when it had for dislodged and moved down into her cervix before falling out.

chocolatespiders Sun 26-Mar-17 00:00:17

When did you have it put in? My.mirena coil make me very very down.. I now have copper

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 26-Mar-17 06:36:33

Consider whether you need emergency contraception if you've had sex in the last few days.

hairymuffet Sun 26-Mar-17 12:49:26

Phone the police grin

SomebodyWillGetHurt Wed 29-Mar-17 23:46:52

I resisted urge to phone police!!
Strated bleeding on tues so no need to test. Oh going to do his share of the contraception load now and have the snip. Silver lining to it scaring me coming out.
Thanks for replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now