Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low body temp

(6 Posts)
Titsywoo Sat 25-Mar-17 12:39:56

I don't know if I've always been like this as I've only been taking my temp regularly for a year or so since I noticed this. My temp is generally between 35 and 35.8 degrees. Sometimes it gets into the early 36s and sometimes it dips down to 34.7! I definitely don't have hypothermia (I certainly haven't had it for over a year!). The thermometer I use seems to work fine as everyone else in my family shows a normal temp on it and my son showed 39.9 on there when he was ill recently. The inside of my mouth always feels cold which I thought might be affecting it but it's the same under my armpit. I don't feel cold in myself. I have been feeling off for a long while though. Tiredness, irregular periods, irritability and dizziness. Blood tests showed nothing (full blood count and fsh) but I didn't mention the low body temp as I was going re the irregular periods. Any ideas?

wfrances Sat 25-Mar-17 18:44:58

mines normally 35.2 , i also have low blood pressure , not sure if they are linked.
consultants and doctors know but don't seem concerned about it,

Feckerlino Sun 26-Mar-17 19:35:36

Did you have thyroid levels tested during bloods? Being cold can be a sign of hypothyroid

Titsywoo Mon 27-Mar-17 00:07:11

I'm not sure. I'll call the GP tomorrow to check. Thanks.

INeedNewShoes Mon 27-Mar-17 00:10:48

My normal temperature is 35.5

I've mentioned it to different GPs and no one has been concerned.

The trouble is, that I think that the measure of a 'fever' being above 38 degrees means that a 2 degree raise which we will really feel won't be considered as a 'high' temperature as its still under 38.

Bubble2bubble Tue 28-Mar-17 12:03:53

Dds temperature is normally 35-36, never higher unless she is unwell.
Don't know if there is any truth to it but a nurse once suggested people with red hair have lower temperatures!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now