Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I go to the doctor about this? (Pictures provided)

(10 Posts)
flumpymummy Sat 25-Mar-17 08:54:46

I have had this on my elbow for a while and it is definitely spreading out. It isn't itchy at all. Does it look like anything suspicious?

5BlueHydrangea Sat 25-Mar-17 08:56:19

You could try some anti-fungal cream first..

Ontopofthesunset Sat 25-Mar-17 11:07:03

Or it could even just be eczema. I started getting random small patches of eczema in my mid 30s with no previous history and I still get them. When I say 'random' it's because they move about - I'll have a stubborn patch on my hairline for a year or so and then it'll go, but I'll get a patch under one armpit instead. The back and the crook of the elbows and the knees are common places for eczema to present.

Essexmum69 Sat 25-Mar-17 11:14:37

I would show it to a pharmacist, they will recommend a suitable cream.

heebiejeebie Sun 26-Mar-17 09:38:44

Ringworm? Which is fungal not a worm!

Ipigglemustdie Sun 26-Mar-17 09:49:39

Scabies? Normally starts at elbows and hands/wrists I think. Looks kinda similar

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sun 26-Mar-17 09:54:21

It's granuloma annulare if you ask me

Had it myself. You get it on knees ankles elbows - areas where less fat sits

Was treated with 6 different lotions and potions until I saw a consultant on the NHS

Currently seems to be returning on my right knee dammit.

www.nhs.uk/conditions/granuloma-annulare/Pages/Introduction.aspx

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sun 26-Mar-17 09:56:06

Mine was the same colour as yours btw, nowhere near as bright as the colours on the NHS page
Except the one on the top
Of my foot

PhoenixJasmine Sun 26-Mar-17 09:59:46

Yup ask a pharmacist first. My money would be on eczema as well. I get weird patches on my elbows especially when my skin gets dry.

MistyMinge Mon 04-Sep-17 18:57:02

@flumpymummy I know this is an old thread, but wondering if you got diagnosed?

Just did a mumsnet search for granuloma annulare and this thread came up. I'm trying to find out if anyone has any success stories for getting rid of it, other than time.

I first had it in my early twenties for several years. Now in my mid thirties and it's come back. I know there are worse things out there but I'm feeling fed up about it. Got some noticeable patches on my legs, inner thighs abd armpits. Last time the tops of my feet were covered.

Your pics look very much like Granuloma annulare to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now