Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Physiotherapist, osteopath or chiropractor for back, shoulder, hip pain?

(8 Posts)
notasausage Thu 23-Mar-17 20:30:50

I have been having pain in my left hip, shoulder and more recently, my lower back. I had issues with my back during my teens and twenties mostly as a result of riding injuries. Survived 2 pregnancies with no problem but have had 3 spells of back pain since Christmas (am now 41). I also have intermittent pain in my left hip which I think is worse if I've been running - I'm no runner but got my DDs a pony and have to run with them (short distances). Pain also in front of my right shoulder but don't know why - haven't done anything stupid as far as I know. grin. So my question is what treatment would you suggest? I'm not convinced GP will do anything other than prescribe pain relief and anti inflammatories. I'd like to fix the problem not treat the symptoms. Keen to hear others experiences.

NotJanine Thu 23-Mar-17 20:35:07

I've tried all sorts over the years. I now just stick with physios.

Madlizzy Thu 23-Mar-17 20:37:35

Osteopath for me. I get clicked back into place and it's an utter relief.

notasausage Thu 23-Mar-17 21:00:31

I did wonder whether the back and hip issues were as a result of being wonky!

Maxwellthecat Thu 23-Mar-17 21:01:28

Always a physio for me. They can usually make adjustments if you're wonky anyway.

Whattodowithaminute Thu 23-Mar-17 21:03:51

I've found that whilst an osteopath may get you clicked more effectively a physio should evaluate your body and look for the cause and treat said cause and limit chance of recurrence. It does therefore depend on the type of problem you have and how you want to manage it-a physio will require more commitment from you in my opinion

RedBugMug Thu 23-Mar-17 21:04:12

physio every time

Dontsayyouloveme Thu 23-Mar-17 22:15:56

Vote for chiropractor here! I'd seize Up without my monthly manipulation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now