Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Orthotic inserts that fit in converse?

(8 Posts)
Eminybob Thu 23-Mar-17 16:49:42

I have a pair of orthotics for plantar fasciitis which work great in boots etc but as my converse are so narrow and flat, they don't fit, once they are in I can't get my foot in, the heel is hanging out at the back.

Probably a long shot but has anyone found a pair that fit converse? I've been wearing mine all day and my foot is killing me.

Thanks

AHintOfStyle Thu 23-Mar-17 16:53:52

I'm no help, just marking my place as I have the same question!

IwillrunIwillfly Thu 23-Mar-17 16:58:12

Low rise converse are never going to be great with ortbotics because theyre so low and flat inside. Would you wear the converse hi tops/boots? I used to work in a kids shoe shop and they were quite good with orthotics because you have the height to stop your foot slipping out and can pull/loosen the laces to get them comfy.

Eminybob Thu 23-Mar-17 17:02:15

I think you're right, but just trying to make it work with the shoes I already have. I only seemed to develop this problem over the winter so didn't need the orthotics when I bought the converse last year.

IwillrunIwillfly Thu 23-Mar-17 17:10:49

I had planter fasciitis a couple of years ago, so you have my sympathies! I ended up living in boots with a thick sole to give extra shock absorbtion. I got a sock thing in boots that put pressure on the sides of my heel that i wore at night and seemed to help a bit but dont k ow if that was just in my head! If it makes you feel better, my feet are totally pain free now again.

Eminybob Thu 23-Mar-17 17:45:04

Thanks. It is so painful.
Really going to struggle in the summer as I usually live in flat sandals and ballet pumps sad

PhoenixJasmine Thu 23-Mar-17 17:51:55

I have a few pairs of "supple arches" and they work ok in my vans, so similar? My podiatrist invented them, I think you can buy them online.

Eminybob Thu 23-Mar-17 18:35:08

Thanks, I'll check them out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: