Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why are my breasts hurting?

(2 Posts)
missingthemountains Thu 23-Mar-17 16:31:25

So it's felt for past 2 months like I'm pregnant as boobs have got bigger, feel heavy and very sensitive. Even turning over in bed is hurting them and I have to wear a bra all day to make them comfy.

It's highly unlikely I'm pg as I've got the mirena and Dh has had the snip. But it feels like when my milk came in after the kids were born. I'm 43 so could it be menopause??

MajorClanger123 Thu 23-Mar-17 17:04:38

Sounds highly likely to be hormonal, although not necessarily menopause related. Do you get periods with mirena? Can you track the pain vs period cycle?

Start taking starflower oil (or evening primrose if you can't find starflower) - a couple of capsules per day at least.

Also probably worth your GP checking your breasts for you, just in case you've missed any lumps / bumps etc that need further investigation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now