Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone up? Did I cut off circulation to my feet?

(7 Posts)
FrankensteinsSister Wed 22-Mar-17 03:51:40

I know this sounds crazy, but I'm having a panic attack about it and need reassurance.
Yesterday I tied a thread wrapped a couple of times around each ankle (don't go into why, just for fun/ how it looked).
Not particularly tight.
Went to bed, woke up with freezing feet and broke both threads off.
Now I'm terrified that I've hurt my feet or caused some kind of damage by accidentally causing circulation to slow/ cut off whilst I was lying down. No pins and needles and I can feel them.
I know this sounds crazy, but I can't stop worrying sad

Imbroglio Wed 22-Mar-17 04:01:45

How are the feet now? Are they a good colour?

BusterGonad Wed 22-Mar-17 04:07:06

I've not seen your feet or how tight the thread was but isn't it usually elastic bands that cause the damage? If your feet are pink and warm I would think they are ok.

FrankensteinsSister Wed 22-Mar-17 04:09:33

Yes, they seem a fine colour. I'm too scared to look again though.

FrankensteinsSister Wed 22-Mar-17 04:16:57

Maybe a bit pale. When I checked, but not blue or anything,

ElizaDontlittle Wed 22-Mar-17 04:19:13

If they are warm, you can feel all parts of them normally, you can move your toes and ankle in all directions and they are not painful, they should be fine. I had crush injuries to both my lower legs from the knee down and mine were the opposite of all those things.
You need to look and feel and if not sure you must get to A+E.

FrankensteinsSister Wed 22-Mar-17 09:20:30

They were cold and pale in the night, but now pretty much normal. Still v worried I've performed some sort of slow motion docking and my feet will suddenly lose blood and drop off or something in the next hours. Anxiety sucks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now