Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Body changes - possible IBS

(5 Posts)
Missmac84 Wed 22-Mar-17 02:45:03

Wondered if anyone else had noticed changes in their stomachs since giving birth?

My ds is nearly 2 weeks (2nd child) and ever since delivery (natural) I've had stomach cramps when I wake, a gassy tummy and regular loose stools first thing in a morning.

I've been to the doctors and they've suggested it could be IBS...... I've never had this before so wanted to know if it had just happened over night to anyone else?!

charliebear78 Thu 23-Mar-17 19:17:33

Those are all symptoms of IBS.
Perhaps have a look on patient uk website it has lots of good info about IBS.
Which I have had for over 10yrs.

Twopeapods Thu 23-Mar-17 22:45:15

After DD2 my bowels changed for about a month or so, possibly two. Very horrible stomach cramps, and very painful to bear down, was also very loose.
It did get better over time.

Spam88 Thu 23-Mar-17 22:48:59

Are the doctors doing any tests? They shouldn't be diagnosing ibs without ruling out other things.

Missmac84 Fri 24-Mar-17 09:37:01

I've had blood tests and am taking the medication for 2 weeks before a review of the blood tests and medication x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now