Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

On holiday for three days - forgotton to bring thyroid meds - does it matter ????

(10 Posts)
ginorwine Tue 21-Mar-17 20:35:01

As above
Feel a bit worried ..

Backingvocals Tue 21-Mar-17 22:23:41

I must admit I forget mine all the time and it's always been fine. I take 175 mg of thyroxine every day for hypothyroid and I forget for whole weeks at a time. It's always been fine - probably v bad advice but that's been my experience.

choppolata Tue 21-Mar-17 22:29:24

I'm always forgetting mine (150mg) and I'm still alive. You'll be fine.

acornsandnuts Tue 21-Mar-17 22:33:28

Not ideal but if you take them regularly the rest of the time you will be fine.

tobee Tue 21-Mar-17 22:36:22

If you're in uk you can try an emergency prescription. If you go to a chemist or pharmacy counter they should be able to help (or at least give advice) but be prepared that it could be a bit of a faff.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 21-Mar-17 22:41:07

Thyroxine has a long half life - iirc 11 days - so missing for 3 days shouldn't be a disaster.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 21-Mar-17 22:45:37

you'll probably have a little slump in a week or two!

but no, its not a major issue, imo.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 21-Mar-17 22:46:02

Just checked, more like 6-7 days but that still means there should be quite a lot still in your system after a 3 day gap.

mymatemax Wed 22-Mar-17 00:33:03

My gp is part of a national pharmacy link scheme so can request my repeat prescription be sent to any pharmacy also in the scheme. Ring your gp & see if they can send a prescription to a local chemist

ginorwine Wed 22-Mar-17 14:58:02

Thanks all
Got hold of a go via 111
Service
Said be fine
Thanks again !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now