Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Suspected ovarian cancer?

(10 Posts)
kiwi10 Tue 21-Mar-17 00:06:07

I haven't had a period for 5 months now, I've never had any problems with periods ever in my life always been the same time every month it's just a sudden stop! Wasn't till January I started getting bad cramps in right side of my lower abdominal where my ovaries are located! At the end of Jan I went into out of hours doctors as I felt as if my ovaries has popped they said it's could be salpingitis after the anti-inflammatory pills they said everything should be back to normal! Well nothing has I still haven't had a period I suffer with a achey,stingy burning sensation in my right abdominal! I pee a lot frequent than usual even if I don't drink a lot! It hurts when I have a bowel movement occasionally on on the right side! I feel nauseous and get acid reflux in the morning (Defo not pregnant) I get pain down my right thigh and knee! I'm very bloated even if I don't eat! I did go to a scan at the hospital and they said I had a cyst and a few smaller ones and said probably polycystic ovaries but to go for blood tests to check and make sure! But polycystic ovaries don't add up as the first time I wanted to conceive for a baby I did straight away as I knew when I ovulated etc and other little things that don't link to it. So the only problem I can think of my periods stopping but having pain like I'm ovulating 24/7 is ovarian cancer.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance. flowers

Dilligaf81 Tue 21-Mar-17 00:09:21

Youve had a scan and blood tests, they will have looked for cancer markers in both of those (i know as i had very similar pain).
What is the plan of action, will they remove the cysts ? Size really doesnt correlate to pain caused. Ive had tiny cysts that were agonisingly and large ones that caused no problem at all.

Dilligaf81 Tue 21-Mar-17 00:10:17

Also polysistic ovaries can develop later so could well be that.

Dilligaf81 Tue 21-Mar-17 00:10:44

*polycystic

kiwi10 Tue 21-Mar-17 00:15:24

I haven't had any blood tests done yet! And they never said 100% that it's polycystic ovaries but they said it could be that's why I'm getting the blood tests done! Just fingers crossed it isn't serious!

Dilligaf81 Tue 21-Mar-17 23:29:34

Sorry phone died.
When are the blood tests booked in for ?
I know how your feeling, i had an ultrasound then a further 2 x internal ultrasounds. Each time they whispered and looked at the screens with 'those' looks on their faces, i was convinced it was cancer.
The blood tests will be conclusive, but look on it as a positive thing that they havent rushed as they really eould if they suspected cancer.
Fingers crossed for you. Let me know how you get on. Xx

KittiKat Tue 21-Mar-17 23:43:46

flowers Kiwi. I am just starting going down this route. It's horrible waiting to find out just what it might be.

I am trying hard not to worry until they know conclusively what is wrong with me.

I hope your blood tests come back really low.

KittiKat Wed 22-Mar-17 15:09:39

Hi Kiwi, I am back from my tests/investigations today. Consultant believes I have Coeliac Disease. Blood tests have been done to confirm it all.

My symptoms were bloating, nausea, abdominal pain, very loose and frequent bowel movements and not being able to loose weight. I've only posted so you can get some reassurance hopefully that sometimes things are not quite what we worry about.

Singingforsanity Wed 22-Mar-17 22:24:50

I'm sure they'll check anyway, but make sure they check your CA 125 levels (cancer marker). Let them know if you've experienced any of the following:

- feeling full quickly/loss of appetite
- pelvic/stomach pain
- urgent/frequent need to urinate
- changes in bowel habits
- weight loss
- fatigue

Be persistent, doctors insisted my friend didn't have ovarian cancer as she was 'too young', even though her cancer markers were rising ☹️ She's ok now but they delayed treatment for so long!

I was tested for it a few years ago but thankfully was just cysts, fingers crossed for you.

user1488788454 Wed 22-Mar-17 22:30:06

Sadly my Mam has just been diagnosed and had the same symptoms!
Got my fingers and toes crossed you get a different result but please don't let it lie if you have any symptoms for anyone reading this! First gp appointment my Mam had, they sent her on her way and said it was just fluid and wouldn't be anything to worry about, thankfully she didn't believe them and went to hospital herself for scan and that's when they found it and it's been caught early

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now