Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Abnormal and unexpected period

(5 Posts)
Figglesticks Mon 20-Mar-17 15:07:57

I'm at work and I think my period is trying to start. It's not due yet and it's not starting as normal just a very light brownish discharge. I also feel sick and dizzy and very sluggish. Would this be something I should question at the doctor? It's not normal for me at all but I don't want to bother the doctor over my period as I know they're not always exactly the same but I feel terrible.
Obviously it happened on the one day I forgot my bag which has emergency supplies of things I need for this too.
What would you do?
Sorry for TMI

MichaelSheensNextDW Mon 20-Mar-17 15:17:02

Any chance you could be pregnant?

picklemepopcorn Mon 20-Mar-17 16:17:12

Ask colleagues if they have any supplies, or nip to shops. Too soon to worry about what it might be. See what happens.

PollyPerky Mon 20-Mar-17 16:24:44

I'd see your dr if it persists to be sure it is a period and not bleeding caused by anything else.

FWIW I used to get terrible period pains when younger- felt sick, had the runs and had to go to bed at times.

Figglesticks Tue 21-Mar-17 10:13:36

Polly Perky that's exactly how I was yesterday. It's definitely my period. I have been ill for the past two weeks so I think it's just made it feel a lot worse and kicked it off early. That used to happen when I was a teenager a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now