Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Petrified I have breast cancer?

(2 Posts)
kayleighb21 Sun 19-Mar-17 23:45:53

For about a year , since I stopped taking the pill to try for a baby last January I think roughly, I have been having a sensation in the side of my left breast that something is either poking into or sticking out of it. It's tender and is worse when I lay on that side or have my arm down against my breast. I saw one doctor who suggested evening primrose oil. I then for pregnant last April and it seemed to go away for most of my pregnancy until the last month or so and since having my baby in January it has got A LOT worse. It is there constantly and I'm so terrified I have breast cancer, I was just watching the C word and she was 28 like me and I'm just so scared. ive been referred for an ultrasound but I can't sleep or look after my baby as I'm just so worried. I feel like I'm certain this is breast cancer and I'm not going to see my baby grow up. Bags anyone had anything like this?

BradleyPooper Mon 20-Mar-17 00:11:11

I've had scares, breast cancer has rampaged through my dm's side of the family and I do get scared about lumpy breasts. I have a mammogram religiously every year and often get call backs - February is an unnerving time for me! I know how you feel.

However, I would never watch the C word as I know how I would feel. I don't do Gray's Anatomy or any medical drama, it would spook me too much. Same reason I can't watch horror movies without hearing noises in the attic, I'm too susceptible!

Get checked out, you're probably worrying for nothing, but you need to know from a professional. Remember that in the very worst worst case scenario, diagnosis is ever more accurate, treatment is less invasive and so much more effective than ever before. A good friend of mine went through treatment for bc last summer, she's had her 6 month all clear and is planning a road trip with her kids.

Tbh is the first doc you saw didn't refer you for tests, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Your baby needs you now, take care of her and try not to worry flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now