Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Micropenis

(9 Posts)
wickedfairy Sun 19-Mar-17 18:21:24

Hi,

Am not sure if one of my sons has a micropenis, or if he is just a little on the small side. He is quite big physically for his age(10), but his privates look petite. I am really not sure (he has not started puberty yet, but it must be imminent). If he did, would it have been noticed at birth/baby checks?

I am asking because apparently there is treatment which needs to be given at puberty, hence the question now. He has never mentioned it himself.

Thanks in advance for any advice - I wouldn't like to just take him to the doctor and alert him to anything/give him a complex, in case there is nothing wrong.

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 19-Mar-17 19:12:51

Take him to the GP but tell them why you're there before he comes in?

MollyHuaCha Tue 21-Mar-17 14:30:17

Wouldn't it have been spotted in check ups when he was a baby?

wickedfairy Wed 22-Mar-17 21:36:42

I suppose it would have, now you mention it! No one said anything - maybe it's fine, just a bit on the smaller side. Or maybe it's perfectly normal - I've never had the opportunity or inclination to ever pay attention before, I just happened to notice it the other day when he was in the bath, chatting to me!

Hmm. Maybe I'll just leave things be... thank you

Bluntness100 Wed 22-Mar-17 21:40:29

Is he your oldest son? When you say small, what are you comparing it to, a grown mans?

Beachedwh4le Wed 22-Mar-17 21:42:08

Where to start.

StillMedusa Wed 22-Mar-17 21:42:12

Boys vary massively at that age (Disclaimer..I work in a special school and spend a lot of time doing personal care) and there are ten year olds with whoppers and ten year olds with tiny ones. But generally a couple of years later, the tinies have caught up!
Micropenis is quite rare and it is unlikely it wouldn't have been noted before now. I really wouldn't worry!

wickedfairy Fri 24-Mar-17 19:23:05

Thanks all, will leave things be!

wineusuallyhelps Fri 24-Mar-17 19:27:54

I can confirm that at this age, the appendage concerned can suddenly grow at a surprising rate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now