Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hayfever season?

(10 Posts)
Olinguito Sun 19-Mar-17 14:13:54

Have other people started getting hayfever yet? I 've been coughing and wheezing for a few weeks already and it seems really bad this weekend, with streaming nose and sore eyes as well. It seems a bit early to be this extreme, even for tree pollen allergy. I'm dreading what it is going to be like when it reaches its peak. I have Fexofenadine tablets and a reliever inhaler from the doctors - can anyone recommend any better tablets?

Spongesecret008 Sun 19-Mar-17 14:22:14

I have had hayfever symptoms too. My eyes are really sore. I also was thinking it is a bit early. I haven't bought any tablets yet but think I will have to as can't go on like this

Goldfishjane Sun 19-Mar-17 14:29:24

yes, I had to buy the hayfever eye drops yesterday! It's very windy - is it carrying pollen about or whatever? I seem to recall thinking it started early last year so I guess it varies.

I also didn't always have hayfever....and some years seem better than others. Plus clearly some different things set me off as there's one particular friend who has something in her garden that makes me sneeze endlessly!

Goldfishjane Sun 19-Mar-17 14:30:29

re meds, I use beconase nasal spray. I'm not starting on that yet but it's my eyes I've found have been horrible since last week.

DottyGiraffe Sun 19-Mar-17 14:46:34

Fexofenadine are better (in my experience) than cetirizine or loratidine, though of course different people will respond to different drugs.

But yes definitely to pollen season. Ugh.
I think tree pollen starts in Feb (could be wrong though) so will be in full swing by now.

Susiesoap7 Sun 19-Mar-17 15:16:10

Bad here too for a few weeks, sore eyes drive me mad when I'm out can't see properly, runny nose rotten cough, I think mine is birch tree and I'm surrounded by them

Goldfishjane Sun 19-Mar-17 16:07:06

has anyone got sore ears or am I catching a cold?

looked up the Fexo stuff. My sister has severe hayfever and takes a couple of loratidine or more, I wonder if she'd be better on that.

Olinguito Sun 19-Mar-17 17:11:04

Hello fellow sufferers - thank you for confirming this is indeed hayfever already. I have found Fexofenadine to be much better than the over the counter stuff, but still seem to be getting symptoms this year. Birch pollen is usually the worst for me too.

Spongesecret008 Mon 20-Mar-17 06:54:24

My ears were sore yesterday goldfish which made me think I was catching a cold. I am also feeling more tired than usual. So not sure if I have hayfever or a cold. The main problem has been my sore eyes.

Goldfishjane Mon 20-Mar-17 11:00:42

This morning I think it is a cold. Confusing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now