Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gynae symptoms

(2 Posts)
voxnihili Sun 19-Mar-17 10:53:12

Hi

I came off the pill almost 2 years ago as DP and I wanted to TTC. As soon as I came off it, my periods fell into a fairly regular pattern of between 31 and 33 days and were relatively light. At the same time I started getting mild discomfort in the middle of the month for a few days, which I put down to ovulation.

Over the following 12 months, the ovulation pains got worse and I was sent for a scan which came back clear. It's been 9 months since the scan and the ovulation pains can be really bad, but usually only when it is my right side. I get discomfort for about a week, but for a few hours the pain is so bad I can be curled up on the floor. I went back to the GP and was prescribed painkillers but haven't taken them as they're not recommended if TTC. I was told to go back in the summer if I'm still not pregnant.

I'm getting concerned because the discomfort has gone from being a week at ovulation and a week of my period to being pretty much constant. It's not especially bad for the most part, more irritating and worrying as I'm sure it shouldn't happen. My periods seem to be getting closer together and lighter - 2 days at most. I keep waking up hot in the night, which I used to get around ovulation and prior to my period but it's really random now.

I've booked some private tests to look at some hormone levels as I thought it might put my mind at rest, and also I don't want to waste my GP's time over something that is just irritating. Just wondering though if anyone else has experienced similar?

Thanks

CarabellaSmella Sun 19-Mar-17 22:14:55

Hi, I haven't had this but have had a few gynae issues in the last year and just wanted to say that if you feel something is wrong, keep pushing for investigations. It is not normal to be in pain all the time, so don't just think of it as irritating! If it's been 9 months since your last scan and the pain is worse then ask for another scan - try to time it for around ovulation if that is when the pain is worst. And you could ask to be tested for PID if you haven't already. If nothing comes from the scan and hormone tests then ask to be referred to a gynaecologist.

I had to do a lot of research about my own issues to basically present to my GP and even then had to really push for a referral. It's a good idea to chart everything, including BBT if you don't already, as it can give you a good idea of whats going on and help with initial discussions with your doctor, and timing for hormone tests.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now