Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ear problems- need help!

(10 Posts)
user1472582572 Sat 18-Mar-17 23:58:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thinkingblonde Sun 19-Mar-17 00:18:55


user1472582572 Sun 19-Mar-17 09:08:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thomkat24 Fri 07-Apr-17 22:37:00

Try a vestibular expert. I have vertigo and ear problems. Mine is due to having a burst ear drum from a bad ear infection ten years ago and also I was very stressed. Any help with vertigo is appreciated.

Thomkat24 Fri 07-Apr-17 22:38:35

GP's are generally not specialists and they can't know everything sadly! I work for a hospital and it always surprises me how little they know about certain things.

Realitea Sat 08-Apr-17 10:16:24

I have exactly the same as you too. Hopefully someone will be able to help here because I've never got to the bottom of it either. I also get labyrinthitis often too.

Kiwi32 Sat 08-Apr-17 10:18:20

Can you request referral to an ENT specialist? Ear pain is miserable, you have my sympathies

WhiteWinterWitch Sat 08-Apr-17 10:55:32

Hi User I have the exact same problems with my ear, you just described what's going with my ear for the last few years I finally in January got the GP to refer me to an ENT specialist and I have got that appointment next week. It's awful and is really affecting me. I was away last weekend and on the flight I thought my ear was actually going to burst, and for several hours after the flight I couldn't hear in that ear, but I could feel all the fluid swooshing around it was so painful. You have my full sympathy, but definitely get a referral to ENT I'm hoping they will at least be able to tell me what's going on. I have awful bother with sinus infections too, I'd say it's all related.

KatieScarlett Sat 08-Apr-17 10:57:57

I have vertigo right now. Been nearly a week, just dreadful. Fellow sufferers, how long does it last as I am driving myself crazy?

hollygolipo Tue 18-Apr-17 18:53:41

I've had ear problems for years... you may have very narrow Eustachian tubes which makes equalising pressure harder and causes all sorts of pain and blockage. A private audiologist is an option if you can afford it. I was recommended Earplanes for flying which really do help, especially if you use a decongestant spray just before take off. If it's really excruciating a private surgeon would put a grommet in your ear which immediately means your ear can equalise without pain, but you need a proper assessment from a specialist. Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: