Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

17 month old miserable with chicken pox

(3 Posts)
lyssie29 Sat 18-Mar-17 07:39:16

She had one spot on Thursday woke up with more yesterday and now today they're really itching her. She's 17 months old and I don't think I can give her antihistamines until she's over 2. Any advice? Got virasoothe that I used for 3 year old and it only helps her for a couple of minutes. Shes literally rolling around the floor crying constantly because they're itching her so much. I have had to put her in her cot for a little while so I can make her sisters breakfast etc because she is clinging to me constantly. I feel so bad for her. Any suggestions?

Peachsploosh Sat 18-Mar-17 07:54:04

My 14 month ds has just had it too. It's awful isn't it. 2.5ml of piriton works wonders for the itching & aqueous calamine cream is good. You keep it in the fridge so it's lovely & cold. I also put ds in a lukewarm bath every evening which he seemed to enjoy. Hope it works.

lyssie29 Sat 18-Mar-17 08:13:19

Thanks @peachsploosh I'll see if I can get some piriton for her. She has gone to sleep for a bit hope it helps her as she's been up all night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now