We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prednisone wonder drug

(3 Posts)
Summer70 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:37:53

I've had the horrid flu virus which has lingered for ages & for the last 2 weeks I have been progressively more wheezy. GP tried ventolin inhalers which didn't help even at up to 8 puffs - wheezing & tight chest got worse! I'm not asthmatic so this was all a bit scary. So saw GP again yesterday who prescribed 40mg of prednisone for 5 days - already I am at least 50% better! I'm just amazed at how rapidly & effectively this drug works. I certainly felt a bit jittery today & didn't sleep much last night so clearly a potent drug, but I am hugely grateful to be feeling so much better.

MollyHuaCha Fri 17-Mar-17 20:46:06

Yes, this medicine has previously saved my life about 12 times. But I struggled to wean myself off it and ended up taking it for too long. Now I can't take it at all. Glad you are feeling better flowers

rainingkitsandpups Fri 17-Mar-17 20:50:26

Yes steroids are amazing.

They also have side effects if used long term. But for a 5 day blast they're great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now