Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Odd stomach pulsating

(6 Posts)
Noodoodle Fri 17-Mar-17 11:37:14

I keep getting a stong feeling, like a baby kicking, between one to three inches below belly button and sometimes slightly to my left of that. Ive done a few pregnancy tests over time because it completely freaked me out at first but I don't bother anymore.

When it happens I can feel it without touching it and also if I press on the spot it's in. It doesn't seem to go with my heartbeat, unless my heartbeat is weird...it could be three random strong flutters together then once every 12 seconds or something, for maybe 10minutes or half an hour. I notice it a couple of times a day sometimes but definitely once a week at least. It's become more regular so I'm noticing it more but not a pattern to it. I've felt it while standing, eating, watching tv, trying to sleep. I'm not especially thin, actually generally feel quite bloaty (have attributed this to my contraceptive implant) . I had a few periods of scary dizzyness a couple of months ago and an odd neck pain but gp said it was nothing.

Apart from that theres nothing generally wrong with me (I smoke though not heavily) don't drink alcohol. Has anyone had this and know what it is? Should I just see my gp?

MollyHuaCha Fri 17-Mar-17 11:49:03

Bowel movements maybe?

Penfold007 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:52:09

You need to see your GP. Probably just a pulse but could also be an abdominal aneurysm.

Mu123 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:54:03

I get this between my ribs and belly button, think its just pulsation from the aortic artery/abdominal aorta?!

Daaaaaaan Fri 17-Mar-17 11:54:45

I get this, usually after I have been to the gym like my stomach muscles are contracting or something? Have you been doing any training? Exercise or anything like that?

Noodoodle Fri 17-Mar-17 12:12:44

Molly that made me chuckle actually, I don't think it's that though.

Daaaaaaan no I've not been doing anything like that.

I've googled, abdominal aortic aneurysm... I'll check with gp then. I see it says something about usually occurring in older men, which I'm not, but there's a LOT of heart problems on my dad's side so I'll make an appointment just in case. Do you have any experience of it Penfold or randomly heard of it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now