Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could this be the menopause?

(2 Posts)
Neverjoketodogs Thu 16-Mar-17 16:31:32

I'm 46 and wondering whether my symptoms might be the start of the menopause. I have the mirena coil and haven't had a period for years. I feel really tired, grumpy (more so than usual!) and tearful at the drop of a hat. My libido has also totally disappeared. I'm not getting hot flushes per se but I feel generally hotter, especially at night.

Could these symptoms indicate the beginning of the menopause? Is it worth a visit to see my GP? Are there any natural remedies that might help?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:26:28

Sounds pretty peri-menopausal to me, I have never had a hot flush but nausea and palpitations would trouble me at a similar age to you are now.
If things become more troublesome and your mirena is in date, so to speak, you can easily add in HRT by using a patch or gel.
Sorry I don't know any natural alternatives....I went down the full HRT route to sort out my issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now