Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ow ow bloody ow!

(13 Posts)
Timeforabiscuit Wed 15-Mar-17 21:50:51

I need a winge, ive had pain in my lower left abdomen on off for about a year, but last wednesday its ramped up to a whole new level of nasty.

Had nurse, doctor and now referral for scans and bloods on Friday.

I would really like a sizable enough cyst to be making a fuss about, but not so large and complex that surgery is needed, but fearing a dermoid cyst requiring naming and possibly a facebook page.

I'm on tramadol, but i think its stopped working, and im very very tired of being in pain.

Anyone recommend anything to take my mind off this, pretty pretty please?

Misswiggy Wed 15-Mar-17 21:54:03

Does it hurt anywhere else? Sounds very similar to pain I've been having the last six months (lower left hand groin/womb area) but my leg aches too and gets shooting pains. I read this can be symptoms of cervical cancer and I'm worried. Going to docs on Friday.

Timeforabiscuit Wed 15-Mar-17 21:58:18

Yup top of leg now and back kidney sad, ive also done a doctor google on cervical and ovarian cancer but have been up to date on smears and not got the risk factors for ovarian - so cyst is far more likely (I really hope!)

Well done for getting booked in, i stupidly left it.

myoriginal3 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:00:24

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Timeforabiscuit Wed 15-Mar-17 22:06:40

grin couldnt agree more! At least ive had the sense to not google images on this one!

Misswiggy Wed 15-Mar-17 22:16:03

Yes I'm also thinking cyst or something to do with varicose veins as I have one from 3rd pregnancy in left leg and also piles and aches n shooting pains in bum (sorry tmi)! Hope you're ok soon, yours does sound very painfulflowers

Timeforabiscuit Wed 15-Mar-17 22:20:40

No worries on detail, hope your appointment on Friday gives you some answers.

Currently have a lurcher on tummy warming duties, but he's making himself a bit too comfortable and is breaking wind in gay abandon hmm

Timeforabiscuit Sat 18-Mar-17 09:26:06

Well, got the scan done, 5cm simple cyst on left ovary - which at least means i dont need surgery and may well resolve by itself, but by god it hurts! sad

bluetongue Sat 18-Mar-17 09:33:08

Good news it's nothing more serious and at least you have an answer.

Get that lurcher back on pet duty and you'll feel better in no time smile

Timeforabiscuit Sat 18-Mar-17 09:48:23

smile Lurcher is in fuss heaven, going back for some more tramadol, fingers crossed they wont be stingy!

Timeforabiscuit Sat 18-Mar-17 12:52:53

Grr, no doctor to prescribe until Monday, and i run out of pills Sunday morning, bugger.

abbsisspartacus Sat 18-Mar-17 12:58:07

Out of hours?

Timeforabiscuit Sat 18-Mar-17 13:24:48

Worryingly, that was the out of hours walk in centre sad ive got co-codamol so i'll muddle through - not going to kill me (she says now!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now