Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sh!t, referred to breast clinic

(9 Posts)
hennipenni Mon 13-Mar-17 17:31:35

Don't really need this, found a lump on Saturday, largish- dr doesn't think it's a cyst which is what I thought it could be, need to rule out the obvious. I'm my dd's main carer and we're at the hospital at least twice a week for full days of appointments, just don't know what to think. We are only 3 months into this year and I've had enough already.

MollyHuaCha Mon 13-Mar-17 18:06:26

flowers Glad you will get it investigated and treated. These things never come along at a good time. Take care and good luck smile

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Mon 13-Mar-17 19:35:15

9 out of 10 breast lumps are benign so fingers crossed for you.

You'd be welcome to join us on the cancer support thread if you'd like. We get lots of people who are waiting for breast clinic appointments, and thankfully most get good news smile

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Mon 13-Mar-17 19:37:20

Sorry I meant to post the link!

WateryTart Mon 13-Mar-17 19:39:05

I hope it's a false alarm but even if it isn't please don't worry too much. I had day surgery last year followed by radio therapy and otherwise life went on almost as normal. I'm fine now. smile

MOIST Mon 13-Mar-17 19:41:47

I too am waiting for a breast clinic appointment. No lump but bloody discharge and a dent.
I am frankly shitting it.

hennipenni Thu 16-Mar-17 15:02:04

Thank you for your replies, Moist, I'm sorry you're in the same boat- when is your appointment? Mine is on a day when my DD has lots of appointments so trying to sort that out- I can't cancel any of hers as she's been extremely ill and has the potential to be in the same boat again at anytime (she has abnormal blood vessels in her brain which ruptured at Christmas and left her in a coma needing surgery to save her life, it's a sobering thought that it could happen again)

I keep going from oh everything will be ok to thinking the worse, my daughters needs and condition though are keeping me grounded and I can't afford to think the worst case scenario but occasionally these little doubts creep back in.

MOIST Thu 16-Mar-17 21:25:16

Jeez Henni. You have a lot on your plate. <<gentle hug>>

The GP forgot to refer me so no idea when mine is. I am a bit unhinged.

TheFirstMrsDV Thu 16-Mar-17 21:37:47

I went through this late last year so I really feel for you both.
I am carer for one of my DC and my OH so I also understand how you feel about all that *henni(

I am afraid I didn't deal with it very well and had a massive PTSD flare up. I barely functioned for the two weeks before my appointment.
I found the breast clinic staff kind and gentle. The consultant was brilliant.
I was fine. Thank goodness. I very much hope you two will be too flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now