Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wwyd regarding sicknote and returning to work

(5 Posts)
whatisforteamum Mon 13-Mar-17 12:05:48

Apologises I've been on here loads lately !! The last 6 weeks I've had dizzy spells and what feels like panic attacks...I've had them over 25 yrs ago.I was unable to work a few odd days however forced myself to go in on the bus.My colleague had a sickness bug so I thought it maybe that.I still felt nervous sick and dizzy however once at work I'm OK and happy smile
Last Mon I felt so bad I tur ed back from catching the bus and saw a gp tuebloods fine ECG fine she thought it could be an inner ear thing and gave me a weeks sicknote or I could've had ten days.
I wanted to work Sunday however was told to come back weds.
I feel so anxious at the thought of getting there which is so silly its only up the road.my son had to walk with me last week as I felt my legs wouldn't carry me. And my dh turned back from shopping Fri when I couldn't stand it in the car.
Wwyd.....I have the stress of df being terminally I'll and df left home however I've coped with worse the last few yrs.should I force myself to go in ??

whatisforteamum Mon 13-Mar-17 12:09:05

I still look and feel rubbish.

lougle Mon 13-Mar-17 22:39:10

Are you wondering if your symptoms are physical or psychological?

whatisforteamum Tue 14-Mar-17 09:04:45

I was but now I've decided I had a bit of a virus and my agoraphobia and panic attacks are rearing their ugly head for the first time in decades so I'm going back to work and asking gp for the mildest meds as I know I will get worse if I take time out.My job is my lifeline.

lougle Tue 14-Mar-17 11:18:26

Well done for going to the GP, and I hope that you can get it under control quickly. It's really good that you know how to manage it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now