Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Red on toilet paper - could this beetroot sorry TMI

(3 Posts)
Notthinkingclearly Sat 11-Mar-17 08:46:21

Sorry for toilet conversation but I ate lots of beetroot salad yesterday and this morning when wiping I noticed some pink red but couldn't see anything in the toilet. I have health anxieties so a little worried. Is Beetroot the most likely cause I am always reading that it makes a difference if on paper but not sure why? Sorry for that topic once again.

Youallpissmeoff Sat 11-Mar-17 08:52:49

Yes it could - beetroot colours poo beautifully. Farrow and Ball should name a paint after it!

Some people also have pink wee after eating beetroot. My kids do - I was frantically googling that one.

Of course if it continues or happens again without eating it, then you need to see the GP.

stonecircle Sat 11-Mar-17 14:15:35

I had almost decided that I needed to see the GP because I was convinced my wee was pink and must have blood in it. Then I realised it happened every time I ate beetroot!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: