Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in mouth, worried cancer:(

(8 Posts)
Raistline Fri 10-Mar-17 22:52:52

So I've had this lump in my mouth since Xmas and am really worried it could be cancer (?) I'm too scared to go and get it checked out at the dentist too. It's quite spongy and causes one of my front teeth to hurt when I push it with tongue. I'm only in my mid 30s too sad

Sigh.

Gbean Fri 10-Mar-17 22:55:44

Erm. Ok. Just go to the dentist. What an odd thing to say. What has your age got to do with the fact you've probably got an abscess? why would it be cancer? Don't be so silly.

MollyHuaCha Sat 11-Mar-17 07:42:13

flowers for you. Not knowing if worrying. Please go to doctor or dentist or both for their opinion. If it turns out to be nothing significant, you will have peace of mind. If it needs treating, you can have the medicine you need. Make your appointment now!

Yolandafarthing Sat 11-Mar-17 07:47:41

Horrible post Gbean. Have you had an empathy bypass?

OP you'll feel much better going and doing something proactive about it. It sounds like an abcess to me - cancerous lumps are as a rule generally very hard.

DubiousCredentials Sat 11-Mar-17 07:50:28

I think it's perfectly normal and very common to think lump = cancer, but there are hundreds of other (more likely) things it could be.

Make an appointment to see your dentist and get it seen to put your mind at rest flowers

MrsMoastyToasty Sat 11-Mar-17 08:15:17

Look up torus mandibularis. I have one in the bottom of my mouth.

Raistline Sat 11-Mar-17 09:06:34

Thanks for the replies

lovechocolate123 Sat 11-Mar-17 09:45:37

Gbean- you need to be more sensitive!

Op- please try not to worry. It is probably just an abscess and the dentist can give you some antibiotics. I know how you feel but do try to go to the dentist .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now