Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone help with this? Pic included

(5 Posts)
Dollybagwash Fri 10-Mar-17 18:08:33

Hi everyone!

My dd came home from dads last week with what looked like a spot. I have been monitoring it and it hasn't been bothering her but today she's complaining. I've obviously missed the go today now but it's starting to smell a little bit I think it's a definite infection but no fever etc.

Should I leave it or get it seen to?

ItsJustACompanyPolicyOfMine Fri 10-Mar-17 18:10:18

I would get that checked out definitely.

ALemonyPea Fri 10-Mar-17 18:12:18

Draw a circle around the edge of where it's red, if it's spreading get it seen tonight, if not, go to walk in tomorrow.

MinimumPaymentMaximumBurrito Fri 10-Mar-17 18:12:21

Draw a circle around the red part with a sharpie marker so you can keep an eye on the expanding redness / infection.

It looks like benign molluscum contagiosum but better to have a doctor confirm it.

Dollybagwash Fri 10-Mar-17 18:15:15

Thank you! Yes the nursery mentioned that. She had a few spots underarm before but never to this level! It's painful to touch.

She is totally fine in herself otherwise tho. The ring around is maybe 1mm wide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now